As a teaching and research organisation that includes Multimedia among its portfolio of activities, we have extensive technical facilities including:
- Digitisation suite with a capacity of 100 images per day in all formats including 35mm and glass slides, photographs, negatives and printed material. File formats include TIFF, JPEG, PNG.
- Photographic studio can shoot in formats from 35mm upwards. High-quality finished originals can be supplied in digital form, transparencies or colour negatives, or a complete project management service is available to produce posters, brochures, point of sale, large size prints, CDs and other promotional material. Digital photography enables 35mm image capture to 11 Mb files and scanning of 35mm images to 2,400 dpi.
- Digital video cameras and edit suites are DV standard and we have two dedicated video studios.
- Graphic design, Animation and Virtual Reality capabilities. We use a range of 2D and 3D software tools including Macromedia Director, Dreamweaver and Flash for both CD-ROM and Web Development. 3D tools employed include 3D Studio Max and Alias-Wavefront MAYA for the creation of animation for both Broadcast TV and the web. The 3D models and environments created can also be used to develop real-time virtual environments using either VRML or Shockwave 3D.
- Web site development facilities including HTML, Java, Java Script, XML, DHTML.
- Database development in Microsoft Access, SQL, MySQL, FileMaker Pro.
- Online assessment expertise using QuestionMark Persuasion.
- Computer Mediated Conferencing support using First Class and WebCT.
- Desktop videoconferencing and application sharing using CUSeeMe.
The faculty is used to working with all the main platforms: PC, Mac and Linux, to accommodate a range of different client needs.
Next: Materials Development...